When we hear the word welding we usually think of sparking and a dude wearing a pair goggle. but hey,, let me blow your misconceptions by introducing you to the brave new world of welding.. here are some new welding process
- ULTRASONIC WELDING: It is the method where ultrasonic frequencies (higher than 20 kHz) are applied on the metal so that oscillation shear stress result in a smooth weld. The vibrations and pressure cause movement of the metal molecules breaking up the surface oxide thus the two surface diffuse into each other . IT TAKE LESS THAN A SECOND TO WELD. (!!HOW COOL IS THAT)
- FRICTION WELDING: This type of welding process where coalescence is produce by rubbing the metal on each other. here how it is work ; the two metal piece to be weld are taken and one is hold in a fix jaw while the other is rotated at a high Rpm and when the moving metal touch the fixed metal due to friction between their faces result a high temperature zone thus welding take place.
- EXPLOSIVE WELDING: IT IS ALSO CALLED PIRATE WELDING….as it is produced by using explosive powder. first of all the the powder is spread on the surface of the metal piece then below this piece another piece is placed to which this piece meant to be weld. a single detonation cap can be used to detonate the explosive , this type of welding used in bimetallic disc breaks , piston faces etc. where other process are impossible to conduct.
- COLD WELDING : It is define as welding process where coalescence is produce by mechanical force alone . since it is carried at room temperature the bonding of molecules may not be very strong.
- ELECTRON BEAM WELDING : As the name suggest this type of welding uses high energy electron beam to weld the piece , the high speed electron collide with the metal to give away their energy into heat thus melting a specific spot (UP TO 2200*C) it can weld from 1 meter away from the workpiece.
- LASER BEAM WELDING: many people confuses it from the electron beam welding but its is different from that it has a greater accuracy and uses a entirely different principal and setup of working. it uses ruby LASER and xenon or krypton gas to operate. It is uses for thin material where micro clear welding is required.
- NUCLEAR WELDING : This welding is uses to weld plastics like polyethylene, crystal like quartz etc. the work piece are irradiated with stream of neutrons the surface to be weld are bombarded with these elements and nuclear reaction take place.
- INFRA RED WELDING : In this type of welding the heat is supplied by a source infra red light, such as a sylite glower, a chrome steel is carried out on a black plate of formed plastic, sponge rubber or thick rubberized fabric. This process is used to join polyethylene films.
SO FRIENDS.. this is the end…. for any queries ask me in the comment section . I write blogs every week..follow me for more info..LATER 🙂